Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jack Carr on Gear

View this post on Instagram

It’s true, I’m a gear guy. I was into gear before I joined the military, my love for gear got a shot of adrenaline while in the SEAL Teams, and much to my wife’s chagrin, I remain a gear guy in the post-military chapter of life. If you are not interested in what gear, equipment and weapons are used in special operations or what a special operator might gravitate towards in the private sector – DO NOT READ MY BOOKS. It would be totally unnatural for me not to weave gear into the pages of my novels. The gear you use and the weapons you carry, and how you carry them, all tell a story to someone with a trained eye. I use gear as a character development tool in my novels. Not everyone will understand or appreciate those details but if you are following me on Instagram, I think you will get it. There are plenty of books where safeties are clicked off on pistols that don’t have safeties and have characters who run around with suppressed full-sized pistols as their concealed carry weapon of choice. Those are not my novels. Enjoy the video and have a great day! Time for me to get back into book 4…coming April 2021…title classified! Will there be interesting gear woven into the story? What do you think? #JackCarr #TheTerminalList #TrueBeliever #SavageSon #Gear @sigsauerinc @blackriflecoffee @bptactical @leupoldoptics @johnnores @nifelife @steven_pressfield @carrytrainer @gunfightergunoil @hushpuppyproject @supervel @gerbergearfan @alpha_munitions @areswatchco @dollysbookstore @c4foundation @nationalabilitycenter @rescue22foundation @sfcharitabletrust @soc_f @braintreatmentfoundation @montanaoutfittersandguides

A post shared by Jack Carr (@jackcarrusa) on

No comments: