View this post on Instagram I recently had the immense privilege of being a guest in the MeatRx VIP Community (@meatrxofficial) and interviewed by carnivore legend Dr. Shawn Baker (@shawnbaker1967). The video has just been uploaded for the general public to view. WATCH IT NOW on YouTube: https://youtu.be/EE4qkXeDIj0 Shawn asked me some really good questions and I appreciated the opportunity to get into some subjects that I don’t think get nearly enough attention in the general health community. One of those things is the role that trauma, especially early in life during the most formative years, plays and the inevitable health consequences that happen as a result of the trauma itself as well as the means by which you cope with it. We dove deeply into this important subject! Those who experienced physical, sexual, or emotional abuse as a child will almost inevitably deal with chronic disease and obesity as an adult. If you look up the Adverse Childhood Events (ACE) study, then you will see how this undeniable connection has been made by researchers. And honestly, I think the trauma is only the beginning. How people cope with past trauma with the most powerful drug in the world—SUGAR—merely leads to addiction, chronic disease, obesity, shame, self-doubt, and an endless loop cycling through it all. Most of us who have endured weight gain are all too aware of how our trauma led us to eat for comfort which got us bigger and unhealthier which then led to more trauma—breaking free from this is incredibly difficult. It’s one of the reasons I have become more vocal about this. People would much rather openly judge you than to seek greater understanding from whence you came (reading the judgmental comments people left on the MeatRx Instagram page is a clear sign that too many people still lack the love and compassion needed for those of us who have gone through this). I’ve been at this gig for far too long to let those kinds of things get me down. I know who I am and I’m pretty damn proud of that man. I’m still a work in progress, but aren’t we all? 😉 Again, go watch this interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/EE4qkXeDIj0 #jimmymoore #shawnbaker #carnivorediet #meatrxofficialA post shared by 𝗝𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲, JIMMY RANTS host (@livinlowcarbman) on Aug 7, 2020 at 4:29am PDT
I recently had the immense privilege of being a guest in the MeatRx VIP Community (@meatrxofficial) and interviewed by carnivore legend Dr. Shawn Baker (@shawnbaker1967). The video has just been uploaded for the general public to view. WATCH IT NOW on YouTube: https://youtu.be/EE4qkXeDIj0 Shawn asked me some really good questions and I appreciated the opportunity to get into some subjects that I don’t think get nearly enough attention in the general health community. One of those things is the role that trauma, especially early in life during the most formative years, plays and the inevitable health consequences that happen as a result of the trauma itself as well as the means by which you cope with it. We dove deeply into this important subject! Those who experienced physical, sexual, or emotional abuse as a child will almost inevitably deal with chronic disease and obesity as an adult. If you look up the Adverse Childhood Events (ACE) study, then you will see how this undeniable connection has been made by researchers. And honestly, I think the trauma is only the beginning. How people cope with past trauma with the most powerful drug in the world—SUGAR—merely leads to addiction, chronic disease, obesity, shame, self-doubt, and an endless loop cycling through it all. Most of us who have endured weight gain are all too aware of how our trauma led us to eat for comfort which got us bigger and unhealthier which then led to more trauma—breaking free from this is incredibly difficult. It’s one of the reasons I have become more vocal about this. People would much rather openly judge you than to seek greater understanding from whence you came (reading the judgmental comments people left on the MeatRx Instagram page is a clear sign that too many people still lack the love and compassion needed for those of us who have gone through this). I’ve been at this gig for far too long to let those kinds of things get me down. I know who I am and I’m pretty damn proud of that man. I’m still a work in progress, but aren’t we all? 😉 Again, go watch this interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/EE4qkXeDIj0 #jimmymoore #shawnbaker #carnivorediet #meatrxofficial
A post shared by 𝗝𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲, JIMMY RANTS host (@livinlowcarbman) on Aug 7, 2020 at 4:29am PDT
Post a Comment
No comments:
Post a Comment