I was viscerally heartened by what I viewed as an opportunity to weave the “Feminine Genius” into the fabric of the Secretariat of the Synod of Bishops. First, with the choice of a consecrated religious woman to not only serve as an Undersecretary but to also cast a deliberative vote alongside the bishops. And, second, by the choice of a Sister from my own congregation to assist in the Secretariat’s preparations and execution of the October 2023 Synod.
I had explicit confidence that realized synodality—lay men and women united with their respective bishops, and the college of bishops united with and under the Pope all traveling together (sun) on the same path (hodos), the salvific road of Jesus, joyfully proclaiming His “good news” that anyone who believes in Him may not die but may have eternal life—would garner a rich harvest of ecclesial revitalization. Just what the doctor ordered.
Sunday, August 15, 2021
More Catholic Feminism
My ‘Dog Days’ Blues: Tension, realism, and the 2023 Synod on synodality by Sister Renée Mirkes:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment