Thursday, October 12, 2006

Westminster Cathedral Choir: US tour


source

I think I remember reading about this last time I visited their website. At any rate, they are not coming to Boston, but they are visiting Washington, D.C. and New York City. When they visited in 1999(?) I was at Christendom and had the opportunity to listen to them perform in D.C. It was also the night of the infamous van incident. haha.

website for the cathedral
the choir
choir school

Martin Baker is the current Master of Music at the cathedral.
Chant: A New Initiative by Westminster Cathedral
studiomusica

Tour Schedule

United States of America Tour October 13th - 24th 2006

October 13th The Cathedral of Christ the King, Atlanta, GA

October 15th Washington National Cathedral, Washington, DC

October 17th St. Thomas Church, New York, NY

October 19th Cathedral of St. Paul, St. Paul, MN

October 20th Saint Louis Cathedral, St Louis, MO (TO BE CONFIRMED)

October 22nd Visitation Catholic Church, Kansas City, MO


entry for the Boy Choir and Soloist Directory

National Cathedral
-- info on the performance (www.cathedralchoralsociety.org)
St. Thomas Church -- info on the performance

Spero News article on the choir's American tour


James O'Donnell (bio) was the previous Master of Music at Westminster Cathedral. He is now organist and director of choirsters at Westminster Abbey.

Westminster Abbey Choir cds
artist page at Hyperion Records
BBC: Sounding the Divine

Performance of Handel's Jephtha

From a page advertising performance at Trinity Church last year:

Wow. Can't believe I missed that one.

Note: St. James's Baroque
Early Music News (U.K.)

No comments: