Fr. Finigan tells us what is going on at his parish. As far as I know, there is nothing happening in San Jose, not that it matters, since I will still be in Boston on the 14th. But, there is nothing going on here either? Perhaps something is going on at Mary Immaculate of Lourdes. Maybe something in Stillwater? (I'll find out what the situation is like there this weekend.) What's going on over at ND?
The 14th is the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross (also in the Byzantine rite)... too bad I don't have a car.
Summorum Pontificum news
SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM podcast
contact database
2 comments:
From the Yahoo group 'Save Holy Trinity':
Fr. John Connolly (recently named administrator of Holy Trinity) has
officially given his consent to the request that there be a Tridentine
Latin Mass at Holy Trinity in thanksgiving for the moto proprio. The Mass will be celebrated by Rev. William McInnis, SJ on Friday, September 14, 2007 at 6:30pm. All parishioners and friends of Holy Trinity are cordially invited to attend. Given that Holy Trinity was
the home to the Indult Mass for 17 years, it is a fitting place to celebrate the Holy Father's gift on the day it takes effect.
This will be a low Mass but, in keeping with Holy Trinity tradition, there will be music. Genevieve Schmidt, Director of Music, is responsible for the music orogram.
[P.S. It may be difficult for diocesan priests to offer a Traditional Mass on the day that the motu proprio takes effect because their presence is required at an all-day meeting convened by Cardinal O'Malley. Holy Trinity was blessed to be able to get a religious order priest.]
There was an additional Extraordinary-Form Mass on the 14th: Fr. Augustin Anda celebrated it at his church, St. Columbkille's in Brighton at 9 pm. I'd say a realistic crowd estimate was about 60 people. Many had heard about the Mass through young-adult mailing lists. Also, several seminarians attended.
From what I hear, Fr. Anda and the pastor Msgr. Fay are planning to start offering the old Mass regularly on first Fridays.
Post a Comment