From Twitch: Wong Kar Wai Says The ASHES OF TIME REDUX To Debut At Cannes
Even among WKW fans Ashes of Time is not a favorite, though I am one (of the few?) who actually thinks it is well done, though if it might be too much romanticism (and self-indulgent longing and misery) even for the source material, the novels of Jin Yong. I was quite surprised to find out that WKW is planning a new cut of the movie. While I do appreciate the movie, there are parts that could be improved. (Cut scenes restored, and so on.) Many complained that they couldn't keep track of the characters and their stories, so if WKW is really aiming at clarity this time around, those who were confused by the movie will undoubtedly appreciate it. I don't think the action sequences (very shaky camera work, to the point of motion being captured as blurs on the screen) can be undone, though, but I could be wrong.
Trailer for the original:
SPC picks up 'Ashes of Time Redux' - Cannes Film Festival - Variety
Older news:
Twitch - The Rumors Are True! Wong Kar Wai's Next Project Is ...
Twitch - Sony Pictures Classics lands distro rights for WKW's ...
WKW Ashes of Time - REDUX - The Criterion Collection Forum
WKW links:
Wong Kar-wai
wiki
WongKarWai.net
Wong kar-wai : In the Mood for Wong kar-wai
Ashes of Time
Wong Kar-wai : Ashes of Time
FrontPg
No comments:
Post a Comment