Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band



lyrics

I can't stand this song. Why? Because of this part:

"I thank God for my life
For the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
And the ones that gave their lives
So we don’t have to sacrifice
All the things we love
Like our chicken fried"

This is the reason why our fighting men have sacrificed so much? Doesn't it seem to lessen or trivialize their sacrifice? He may be saying that they are protecting the simple things in life, which are what really matter, and make up the best of life in America, but I think it comes out wrong. And I don't see how anyone can sing a song like this while the American military is overseas in Afghanistan and Iraq, and not feel ashamed. Shouldn't we be making more of a sacrifice, if the GWOT is so important?

the group's website

No comments: