Thursday, May 07, 2009

The principal's secretary said the letter of return was sent out last week--as far as I know it hasn't been received yet, but it simply said I wasn't selected for an interview. They're looking for someone with a religious studies degree with experience teaching high school.

It sounds like a legitimate reason, and maybe they have a lot of candidates who meet those conditions. How many of them are from the area, though? And where did they get their degrees? Prove me wrong that the new candidate will not be maintaining the status quo with respect to "Catholic" education within the diocese.

Life is about knocking and seeing what doors are opened to let you go in, what doors remain closed, and what doors are shut in your face after someone answers.

Perhaps it is a fit punishment. And it may be arrogance that thinks of Luke 9:5 as being somehow appropriate: "And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them." After all, it may be better for my soul that I am not hired for such a position at the current time.

Still for a diocese to be in bad shape -- it is not due only to the lack of leadership of the bishop, but it is a nexus of choices may be individuals in authority all over. If I can'd do something for the Church, so be it.

No comments: