Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday, 28 June 2009

What Pete Takeshi and I did today --

I picked up Pete Takeshi at the BART station; the train had been delayed by 10 minutes, and I was a bit late, so we couldn't make the 9:30 Mass at the oratory. So we had breakfast over at Bill of Fare. Next time I'll have to have something other than an omlette. Or maybe I should get a Chinese breakfast instead. I don't really like American breakfasts that much. Afterwards, we went to the 11:00 Mass at the oratory. Then we took a quick look at Mission Santa Clara. Taxi driver duty to SFO--on the way back we encountered a traffic jam, due to an accident near the Marsh Road exit on 101. But we were able to make it to Santana Row in time for the 2:55 showing of Moon.

The movie is ok; I had already guessed the "twist" when I read a review that gave away one of the film's mysteries without explaining it. Other reviews may also ruin the surprise by comparing it to certain other movies. Pete Takeshi liked the movie. I found it thoughtful but perhaps not a movie one could watch over and over again; what would the movie adaptation of a certain novel be like? (Don't click on the link if you don't want the movie spoiled.) One could waste money on worse movies this Summer.

We took a walk around Santana Row after the movie; we stopped first by El Jardin. Pete got a normal mojito, I had a glass of the horchata. The mariachis were out singing this afternoon--that was entertaining. I suppose it is a nice place to hang out and drink, if you have the money for it.

A lot of the pretty people congregate at Santana Row. The waitresses at El Jardin were mostly cute, but I saw them from a distance. Sarge would probably like to visit again during the Summer. Summer dresses were being worn today -- better than the usual jeans and shirts, but some of the dresses could have revealed less. What can you do? The pretty people have their values.

Dinner: Bombay Garden. The fish is back! I don't know for how long--perhaps it is served only during dinner. But it was good. Unfortunately my back was bothering me, and that ruined what was left of my appetite. (The heat killed most of my appetite, and I was feeling a bit full from breakfast still.)

I had to take a short nap again in the car, because of the back and because I felt very full. As it was Sunday and stores were closing early, we chose the Starbucks at McCarthy Ranch to talk a little bit more. I should be meeting up with him at least one more time this week. He returns on Friday morning.

Trailer for Moon

No comments: