I had doubts about Meg Whitman's qualifications. Then I read this from the article:
Making Whitman’s candidacy more inexplicable is that for most of her adult life, she never bothered to voteHas she given a principled defense for not voting? I don't think it was because she couldn't in good conscience support the mainstream candidates from both parties. Out of the two, I was already favoring Poizner. But now I think Whitman is someone who is blinded to her own deficiencies by political ambitions. She is undoubtedly as much a feminist as Sarah Palin, if not more.
I may still vote third-party when November comes. I doubt Jerry Brown, despite his green and "populist" bona fides, will be able to persuade me that he should be governor again.
More from Mr. Poizner:
This isn't to be construed as an endorsement of Poizner, even if I think he's better than Whitman.
No comments:
Post a Comment