Wednesday, June 09, 2010

It's the next day.

Looks like narrow defeats of Props 16 and 17. As for many of the county and state offices, the Thinking Housewife's latest post is applicable: Victories for Womankind, Losses for Conservatism. (Whitman and Fiorina? Give me a break.)

I hope it is soon confirmed that Jeff Rosen defeated Dolores Carr. There will be a runoff for public school Superintendent. I couldn't vote for any of the candidates, since most of them accept the system and its goals, and are only pledging to reform the system so that it can meet those goals. I considered voting for Henry Williams, since he did offer some alternative thinking, but in the end I found him a bit too supportive of education in multicultural diversity, even if he backed parents' rights to educate their children.

Who is going to take on the system and criticize the public school system, while returning control to local boards? How many are ready to question the current political economy? Everyone seems to believe in a future for California of continued economic prosperity focused on technology; no one asks whether it is sustainable.

I should find some choice words for my high school friends who supported Whitman, but they're not ready to be MRAs.

No comments: