Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A move to Texas?



Last week, there was another earthquake in southern California... Given the political situation in the Golden State and its hostility to guns, I've been thinking about moving. Where would I go? Somewhere in the midwest (Montana) or the South. Texas is physically closest to California, and probably more sustainable than Arizona or New Mexico. It may also be a bit more diverse than other states in the South. It has a reputation for being gun-friendly, and it has historical and cultural links to the South. Surely things aren't as bad in Texas as they are in coastal California. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for opportunities at OLAA in the future. I should visit San Antonio some time in the future.

Moving near Clear Creek Monastery would be more challenging, unless I already had some money and the proper farming skills.

Per impossibile, if a group of citizens could form an informal militia, would they be obligated to submit to the proper state authority (the governor)? Or would it be possible to follow only the local authority, such as that of the sheriff? (Those who would form an informal militia may not be inclined to trust those holding state office, after all.)



No comments: