Today I went to Chili's with ah Fei for lunch to celebrate his birthday. It's been the first time I've been to Chili's Cupertino in maybe 10 years? (The last time I was at Chili's was 7 or 8 years ago, when I had lunch with CC from TX at the Chili's on El Camino Real.) I ordered one of the new creations, the avocado burger. I couldn't tell the difference between the Chili's patty and the patty from Red Robin, but I did order it well-done. The burger was ok; I thought the amount of fries that came with it was rather small. I probably won't be going back to Chili's any time soon.
Ah Fai is going to switch to working FT at AS. (I also heard that another is to be opened in SF...)
Ah Fei told me that Miyake's closed in March. The restaurant was very popular when it first opened, but it gradually went into decline, changing owners at least once or twice. I don't know if the one in Palo Alto is still open or not. Ah Fei went in February; the interior was very dirty, and the tables were sticky. The restaurant was in great need of remodeling, but it seems that the business has closed.
No comments:
Post a Comment