Sunday, October 17, 2010

Flying home this afternoon -- it's going to be a busy morning. I went to the NC State Fair yesterday, and I enjoyed seeing the animals and produce and the arts and crafts displays. As for the rides... they were rather disappointing, and I don't understand how people can pay $1 per ticket. (Even getting the tickets in advance wasn't worth it.) I didn't eat too much of the food there; we didn't get a chance to wait in line at one of the stands. The food too was rather $$. Sarge, T's husband D, and Mr. W were stuck on the drop ride when it failed to release the chairs. Sarge thought he might be stuck all afternoon and a firetruck would have to be called in, but they were brought down in 15 or 20 minutes. I thought the rides might be safer and more reliable since they were associated with the state fair, but I guess they deserve being associated with the negative connotations of "carny."

Kristin and Bob from G105 were at the fair. I took some photos of various things at the fair and will eventually upload them to FB.

Afterward we were going to try Korean Grill Buffet, but we found that it had closed, so we went to Seoul Garden instead. The food was good, but it is expensive like Thai food, as NK noted later when we told him about it.

We will be leaving for Mass at the Korean chapel shortly. Last week there weren't many people, but it should be packed today as a nun is visiting from Korea. Not much Korean "chant" last week, and I don't expect any today -- there were some Korean versions of familiar Western hymns.

No comments: