Apparently the priest who was scheduled to celebrate Mass today at St. Thomas Aquinas couldn't make it or cancelled. When I arrived late, I was puzzled, since I did not see a priest in the sanctuary. But it became apparent that there was none, so what we had instead was a communion service, with Latin, chant, and motets. The last time I attended a communion service was in Berkeley, at the Newman Center, and I stopped going to those because they had a female eucharistic minister. She seemed like a nice lady, but her presence alone seemed to be a ecclesiological statement in itself.
It's always a pleasure to hear Kerry McCarthy sing with the St. Ann Choir. (She seems to be there during vacation time.) Alas, I can't find any clips of her singing online.
Related:
Cantores in Ecclesia.
William Byrd Festival
In Mulieribus has a MySpace.
No comments:
Post a Comment