Just received a phone call with a request to do a survey; I decided to do it. The survey was about a proposed measure to increase the land parcel tax to raise money for the local school district. I suspect the survey was paid for not by those opposing the tax but by the school district. I suppose if I wanted to make my thoughts known, I should go to a meeting and tell the administrators how unprepared they are for a postcarbon economy. (Telling them that they are corrupting the morals of the youth would be pointless.) Can I call the person asking the questions a telemarketer? She didn't ask me to give a short answer as to what I really think about the state of the school district--she stuck to the format of the survey. That's too bad. There will be those who oppose such a measure solely on the basis of how it will impact them financially. I oppose a measure on other grounds as well.
And yes, I do think the CA state employee pension/retirement benefits put an undue burden on CA taxpayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment