I did end up going to the Aquinas Lecture at the DSPT tonight. I was able to stay awake for the first part of the lecture, but by the middle the insulin-induced coma came upon me. I felt hot also--I don't know if that was due to the ambient temperature in the room, or if it is an effect of the insulin. Too many carbs at Barney's in Berkeley? Barney's is like The Counter -- a full-service restaurant. It is slightly less expensive. I had the spicy curly fries -- they were spicy, but otherwise not so tasty. Not enough salt? These were served with Ranch dressing. I had Barney's Big Burger, which was ok, but the outer surface was burnt more than I would have liked. I think the burgers at The Counter taste better, but I don't know where that restaurant gets its meat. Barney's, like Bongo Burger, is supplied by Niman Ranch, so this is the second time I've had a Niman patty. I found it to be rather dry both times, but I did order it medium well (and it turned out being more well-done than medium.) The patties aren't seasoned with anything else? Would I get better results cooking with Niman ground beef at home?
While The Counter is more expensive, I think the quality of the food there is slightly better than Barney's. Next time I'm driving in the area, I'll try True Burger.
My right thumb joint has been hurting -- inflammation due to gout, brought upon by lack of water this week, I'm guessing.
Br. B was at the lecture tonight, but I am not sure if he left because there was no more room, or if he left immediately after the end of the lecture.
No comments:
Post a Comment