Yesterday the family drove to SF Chinatown to have dinner at Enjoy, a Chinese vegetarian restaurant. I had gone to a Chinese vegetarian restaurant before, I believe it was with Hsin-Nan and her bf and the restaurant was in Berkeley. I hope it is the last time I have to go to a Chinese vegetarian restaurant. The imitation meat didn't taste like meat (and much of it was made from soy!); the meal was not as satisfying as lunch or dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, and the prices were rather outrageous -- as much as, or even more than meat dishes at the other Chinese restaurants in the area. And it was Chinese food, which generally is not appetizing to me, because of the vegetable oil or the sauces.
On the restaurant window? and in some of the literature it was written, "All life is precious." Is all life equally precious? Apparently not, since we can eat plants and fungi. Are animals less precious than humans? Or are they equally precious? If animal life is so precious, why isn't don't humans intervene to prevent animals from killing each other, just as they would prevent other human beings from injuring or killing each other? Is this such a simple-minded retort?
No comments:
Post a Comment