The third grade classes went on a field trip to SCU yesterday. They did see the mission while they were there. One student said the trip was rather boring since they were walking around for 6 hours. None of the students whom I asked could tell me the purpose of the trip, other than that the principal wanted them to visit a college. I infer then that this was intended as a way of motivating the students to be "college-bound" and study accordingly. She's operating with bad assumptions, but who will correct her or the district? She's no different from Obama in believing everyone, especially less affluent or "privileged" minority children, should get a college education. Clueless people in charge.
Applying for a teaching position is rather distasteful if I have to use concealment. Being straightforward about reforming mass education probably will not get me anywhere though.
No comments:
Post a Comment