Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Feast of St. George

Traditional Litany for the English Nation

St. George and the Dragon in Iconography
St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church

A opposing view on the contemporary celebration of St. George's Day in England - Ed West: St George's Day – a meaningless, fake tradition invented in the 1990s to sell beer

A piece on Fr. George Rutler - Father Figure (via P Blosser)

"Rutler ran three and half miles to the towers in lower Manhattan. 'I was right there at the buildings. Everybody jumping. I remember the police going in and the firemen going in. Most of them were Catholic, so I was giving general absolution. Like on a battlefield, you can’t hear everybody’s confession.'"



Pope celebrates his saint's day with cardinals: 'absurd' to look for Jesus without the Church



There's a movie titled St. George's Day, but I don't know what it is about... Keeley Hazell is in it, though. (Apparently it's a gangster movie.)








Another interview.

No comments: