This looks good. An interesting historical figure and a Catholic. I'll have to overcome being a stickler for historical accuracy, though; hearing the word "terrorist" I very much doubt that word had been loaned from English in Korean at the time.
Similarly, back in the 90s there was a Chinese movie called the "The Opium War" if remember correctly. Good movie, but I couldn't get over the fact the Queen Victoria character was mispronouncing Chinese names according to Pinyin, which was about a century off.
2 comments:
This looks good. An interesting historical figure and a Catholic. I'll have to overcome being a stickler for historical accuracy, though; hearing the word "terrorist" I very much doubt that word had been loaned from English in Korean at the time.
Similarly, back in the 90s there was a Chinese movie called the "The Opium War" if remember correctly. Good movie, but I couldn't get over the fact the Queen Victoria character was mispronouncing Chinese names according to Pinyin, which was about a century off.
https://burnedoverdistrictobserver.wordpress.com/
I am curious as to whether they can successfully pull this off as a musical... Do you watch much Korean media these days?
Post a Comment