It’s incredible to think there is just one Battle of Britain pilot left - John ‘Paddy’ Hemingway. I can’t help think of all those I was lucky enough to have known best: Geoff Wellum, Tom Neil, Bob Doe, Pete Brothers, Bee Beamont, Jimmy Corbin, Bam Bamberger. All gone. It’s sad. pic.twitter.com/BjJwqBzPkX
— James Holland (@James1940) May 9, 2020
but did Churchill escalate the air war?
The real British myth of the Second World War: after managing to survive 1940, Britain, exhausted and perhaps disheartened, stepped back and left the real effort to Russia and America | Robert Tombs #VEDay75 https://t.co/sV6BQ8iO0q
— UnHerd (@unherd) May 8, 2020
What else would the Queen say? That the UK has been taken over by foreigners and cultural Marxists?
"Our streets are not empty. They are filled with the love and care that we have for each other. And when I look at our country & see what we are willing to do we are still a nation that those brave soldiers, sailors & airmen would recognise & admire"
— Matthew Goodwin (@GoodwinMJ) May 8, 2020
Her Majesty The Queen#VE75
No comments:
Post a Comment