++Becciu tells media he’s a “bit dazed” by events. "Until 6.02pm I felt a friend of the Pope, a faithful executor of the Pope. Then the Pope says he no longer has faith in me because magistrates told him I’d committed acts of embezzlement". "I renew my trust in the Holy Father.” pic.twitter.com/PBdEtJU1js
— Edward Pentin (@EdwardPentin) September 25, 2020
Cardinal George Pell has thanked Pope Francis following the resignation of Cardinal Becciu. https://t.co/9upaowmbtk
— Catholic News Agency (@cnalive) September 25, 2020
The authenticity of Cardinal George Pell's statement this morning following the dismissal of Cardinal Giovanni Angelo Becciù (below) has been confirmed as coming from the Cardinal himself and his media spokeswoman, Katrina Lee. pic.twitter.com/4VdsKfY6Qp
— Edward Pentin (@EdwardPentin) September 25, 2020
Cardinal Becciu on his sacking: “I said to the Pope: why are you doing this to me in front of the whole world?"
— Catholic Sat (@CatholicSat) September 25, 2020
"The Holy Father explained that I had given favours to my brothers and their businesses with Church money but I am certain there are no crimes"https://t.co/8NxgLgh1bl
"Cardinal #Becciu has insisted on his innocence, and demanded he be given the opportunity to prove it. Lucky for him, his desire may well align perfectly with those of the Vatican prosecutors and financial inspectors." Analysis via @canonlawyered https://t.co/h3Tca6qVdg
— Catholic News Agency (@cnalive) September 25, 2020
Ready for this week's podcast?@jdflynn and @canonlawyered are back to discuss the resignation of a prominent cardinal and assess what might happen next at the Supreme Court.
— CNA Editor's Desk podcast (@CNAeditorsdesk) September 25, 2020
Plus, @PiusOP joins at the end for a discussion of canon law and a fun game:https://t.co/8S3uN9OLJq
No comments:
Post a Comment