Thursday, September 28, 2006

"Good grief, more dating advice"

The discussion continues over at Steve Sailer's blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

100% correct on confidence. Women are drawn to confident men. Bad ones, good ones...I am glad he explained why women can go for jerks, and why the jerks have confidence. One reason why women like confident men is because confident men actually go up to them and start talking. Do you have any idea how rare that is? This guy from school stopped me in the street saying "Hey, I see you around school. We were at that party. Are you going to that party tonight?" And then he launched right into an interesting anecdote. I thought he was really cool.

I'll bet men who golf are mostly interested in golfing, not checking out the women golfing behind or in front of them. And golf memberships are @#$% expensive.

I am willing to go ONCE to a sci-fi/fantasy conference. Guys who like Tolkien (also Harry Potter, if over 25) are okay by me, and I have a soft spot for Trekkers--enough to call them Trekkers instead of Trekkies. But I feel uncomfortable at the very thought of meeting men who spend so much time (and money) on science fiction they didn't create themselves. As Napoleon Dynamite says, if you want a girlfriend, you have to have skills.