Saturday, December 12, 2009

Maredsous beer

Google is slow in updating its info -- the BevMo that used to be in Santa Clara has closed; this afternoon I drove instead to the one in Fremont, since it was on the way. I didn't get the Chimay this afternoon, but picked instead the Maredsous Triple Ale and Dark Ale. Maredsous is the Benedictine Abbey, of which Dom Columba Marmion was a member.



Everyone who tasted the beer thought it was good. The ignoramus that I am, it just tasted like alcohol to me, though it was a bit sweet with no bitterness. Since I've never bothered with American beer, I don't know how it compares, but I'll have to trust the opinion of others. So if I ever have a party of some sort, Maredsous would be a reliable beer. (So is Chimay Blue, but that's a bit more expensive.) I should also sign up for a BevMo card. I don't really foresee myself becoming a big beer drinker; it doesn't really suit me, but it's something I would provide as a host for beer-drinkers...



Bl. Columba Marmion
Blessed Columba Marmion - CIN
Blessed Columba Marmion: A Deadly Serious Spiritual Writer Christopher Zehnder
Blessed Abbot Columba Marmion OSB. Bibliography.
Maredsous 8 - Dubbel - Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV - BeerAdvocate
Maredsous 10 - Triple - Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV - BeerAdvocate


Duvel - Intro

No comments: