Friday, November 18, 2011

I Won't Miss It

Alan Speinwall: Requiem for a dead cop show: Why I'll miss 'Prime Suspect'


(Yahoo TV)
It's great NBC is driving itself into a hole with shows like Prime Suspect.

The other week I catched a couple of minutes of the first(?) episode of The Closer, with Kyra Sedgwick doing her tough woman (i.e. quasi-b****) act. That show just had its final season on TNT. Good riddance. Unfortunately, it spawned a spin-off, another feminist fantasy posing as a cop show.



(Yahoo TV)
The second promo shot is just unreal. Propaganda undermining itself - the high heels and the mini skirt... a woman trying to do a man's job, and femininity is reduced to an exaggerated appearance.


It's too easy (and boring) criticizing network TV, but the networks deserve it. The death of TV can't come quickly enough.

2 comments:

Aged parent said...

Thank you...a thousand times, thank you. I thought I was the only one on earth having a laugh over these near-imbecilic prime time "superwoman" shows.

They really are way beyond hilarious.

papabear said...

Whiskey has talked about the declining number of men who watch network TV, so you're not alone in your reaction.