Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Items of Interest, 16 November 2011

Catholic:
Pope Benedict: Everyone should pray the psalms, Liturgy of the Hours

Sandro Magister, Married and Ordained. The Minor Leagues of the Catholic Clergy

A new book from Zaccheus Press: Christianus: The Christian Life by Abbot Vonier. Special sale prices until December 31.

Ordinariate Evensong, Los Angeles, November 20
If I ever go to LA again, I should drop by St. Mary of the Angels.

Conservatism:
Republicans and Christians: A Marriage of Convenience?

What is Wrong with Capitalism? by Thomas Storck

Victims of Mammon by Dr. Thaddeus Kozinski

Mark Henrie, Russell Kirk and the Conservative Heart

David B. Hart, Anarcho-Monarchism

Peter Hitchens, War War, and Jaw Jaw

OWS:
Nathan Schneider, After the eviction: What's next for Occupy Wall Street? (EB)
Kevin Carson, The Stigmergic Revolution and To the So-Called 53%: Stop Embarrassing Yourselves
Ten Ways the Occupy Movement Changes Everything
Love Those Occupiers? by MICHAEL NEUMANN

Rod Dreher, The public turns on OWS

Transitioners debate how to engage Occupy movement
Corporations fracking US tax code
So how do we keep corporations in the U.S. while making them pay their "fair share"? I have read conflicting views on this from people I trust. I am more inclined to drastic action with respect to corporations.

America isn’t broke just yet

Relocalization:
Making money for business: Currencies, profit, and long-term thinking (EB)
Lindsay Curren, Occupy Parenting - the website
Food hubs: restoring historical practice
Chris Martenson, The Future of Work

Economic awakening: Corn can’t grow like money grows
by Gene Logsdon (EB)

Energy:
Pump Up the Storage by Tom Murphy (EB)

Diet and Health:
Jimmy Moore, 70 New Paleo, Low-Carb & Health Blogs For November 2011

History:
Medievalists.net: The Image of the Oriental: Western and Byzantine Perceptions

No comments: