KTVU is still airing episodes of Friends. How much longer will it air in syndication? It was enough that one generation grew up with it as a formative influence. I missed most of it during its run. It's bad enough that I watched Cheers while growing up as an adolescent. The garbage on TV just gets worse, and most parents do not monitor what's on the television, so you can imagine how our children are turning out. At least when I was a child I had Leave it to Beaver, I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, Hogan's Heroes, and reruns of '80s sitcoms like The Facts of Life and those sitcoms in syndication, like It's a Living, and later, The Cosby Show. Some of those sitcoms were more adult in nature, but there weren't as bad as what started being aired in the late '80s and the '90s.
500 years from now if someone is digging through what's left of our "civilization" will they have evidence of it fell? Would they have the means to access our electronic media?
After dinner last week with Pete Takeshi we took a walk through Santana Row and dropped by Best Buy. I discovered that Remington Steele is now available on DVD. I think it was rather cheap, $10.00 for a season? I don't think I was imagining that. Some of the seasons are still available on Hulu.
How would we survive without scientists and their important research... Infertility Has Higher Psychiatric Risk
I should change the label from science news to junk science.
No comments:
Post a Comment