
I don't know how long it has been closed, but they've finally removed the sign and other identifying marks of the local Chili's. I noticed this while I was driving today. For more than a year I had been wondering if it was still in business, since I saw very few cars in the parking lot at night. I used to go to the restaurant a lot with my family when I was in high school and afterwards. It was the successor to Denny's. (I remember one of the waiters there because he resembled Victor on The Young and the Restless, which was my mother's favorite soap at the time. He later went to a different restaurant, which opened down the street, in front of Longs/Lucky's. That restaurant didn't stay in business long - we went there once and the food wasn't as good as Denny's, which should say something. What happened to that waiter? That spot is now occupied by a Chipotle.) After not visiting Chili's for a long time (not since 2000 or 2001), I went back to this Chili's a couple of years ago for lunch with ah Fai. The food was definitely not as good as I remembered it, but maybe it never was. (Spicy chicken sandwich, anyone?)
No comments:
Post a Comment