Cowboys and Indians: "Rifleman" reboot? By Joe Leydon
The author opines: "Or -- more likely -- this is yet another sign that the long-awaited renaissance of TV Westerns may indeed have arrived."
Is a multicultural America really going to be interested in a Western on network TV? The past few endeavors have failed. I don't see SWPLers really tuning in. Then again, network TV is plagued with declining viewership numbers, so maybe all it takes for this new show to succeed is a niche audience, composed mostly of [much] older people. More information about forthcoming TV Westerns here.
I don't have HBO, so I couldn't watch Deadwood regularly; I think I may have watched part of one episode when I was up at Ft. Drum. A lot of talking in that episode. I have the impression that there isn't much action in that series, though there is plenty of cussing by Ian McShane.
No comments:
Post a Comment