Trailer
Another rah-rah, Americans are always the good guys saving the world sort of movie, in the line of Independence Day. Looks like comic book action, plot, and simplicity, with bad CGI (worse than Pearl Harbor!). And of course, the Germans are 100% evil, and the Allies are 100% good. Talk about a distorted view of World War I. Why can't Americans make an intelligent and historically accurate movie about World War I instead?
There is also the African-American pilot who is accepted as a volunteer. Perhaps that could have happened, but it still smacks of PC movie-making.
I'd rather see the dogfights in something like Dark Blue World, or perhaps in a classic like The Blue Max. The sequences in Flyboys are just too fake. Perhaps it would be too difficult to make a movie now with vintage aicraft, both because the aircraft are scarce and the complexity of the filming itself. Better then not to produce a bad movie, and to use the money for something else. (Like the Stargate sequel, if the filmmakers had to make a movie.)
No comments:
Post a Comment