Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lunch at Sunset Grill

Well, originally I was going to go yam cha with the Lady Downstairs today, but Fujian Gal was actually still around and she was free for a quick lunch, so we decided to skip dim sum today and go somewhere else... we ended up deciding on Sunset Grill and Tap in Allston, near Harvard Ave. The Philosopher went down to DC this weekend for his sister's wedding; we were definitely missing the New Scot, who would have enjoyed the beer. Do they have anything like Sunset over in Peterborough? (Wellington County Brewery; list of Irish pubs in Canada)

I had a chicken ranch sandwich, which was ok, about on par with what I used to get at Chili's. (Not enough fries though!) Fujian Gal got the baby back ribs appetizer (she actually prefers the beef ribs though, but I hardly see those being sold in the supermarket), and the Lady ordered the Oktoberfest wurst/sausage sampler. The baby back ribs were fine this time around, not dry like other places; I tried a bit of the cheddar sausage, which was ok. I bet KK would like the German sausages, sausage fan that she is. Sunset was remodelled a while ago, not sure when--the last time I was there, it was for dinner with the New Scot; they expanded the second room on the ground floor and moved the tables. There's a third room beyond the second room, with stools, I think. I'm not sure what that area is for.

The Session -- for Irish tunes -- don't know if you need to pay to subscribe

No comments: