Toronto is hardly a megapolis--try Mexico City for that. Or the sprawl of LA. Toronto is a collection of neighbourhoods easily navigated and accessed by buses, streetcars and subway trains. If you can't get quickly to a place in Toronto by bus and train, there is no point in going there. (Yes, I mean you Mississauga and Brampton.) Toronto is a metropolis, and a great place to live, work and study. I am not sure why people go for short visits, though, unless to see family and friends. For sightseeing, go to Europe.
2 comments:
Toronto is hardly a megapolis--try Mexico City for that. Or the sprawl of LA. Toronto is a collection of neighbourhoods easily navigated and accessed by buses, streetcars and subway trains. If you can't get quickly to a place in Toronto by bus and train, there is no point in going there. (Yes, I mean you Mississauga and Brampton.) Toronto is a metropolis, and a great place to live, work and study. I am not sure why people go for short visits, though, unless to see family and friends. For sightseeing, go to Europe.
With a population more than 1 million, yeah it's a megapolis, according to Schumacher's criteria.
Post a Comment