I started reading through Esther Gokhale's 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back. Maybe it's old age, or acquired ADHD but I had difficulty reading through the book last night and understanding what was being said. The pictures helped somewhat. I don't think it is the book--I'd probably have difficulty understanding how-to book on Gracie jiu-jitsu. Maybe I need to take a series of her classes and have her coach me. Alas, I don't have the money. (Actually, even if I had money I could probably just afford one of her instructors.) Yesterday during her online class she mentioned that she is doing research about running and plans to write a book about it someday. There are some differences between walking and running -- running requires the use of the inner corset, and there are some other differences as well. I don't know if any of the paleo lifestyle people have written about running. The last thing I read about running that could be considered paleo would be the article about walking and running barefoot.
The Zen Art of Sitting
Some recent news about barefoot running:
Science News: Running barefoot blunts foot’s force
Harvard: Running Barefoot
Nature - Editor's summary and article
The Running Barefoot
1 comment:
Saw you linked to ValleyZen. Thanks! Hope you found our article on the Zen of posture helpful.
Drue
http://www.ValleyZen.com
Post a Comment