Kung Fu Cult Cinema has some news about this HK crime drama which will be released on August 31. It stars Nick Cheung, Francis Ng (always fun), Anthong Wong, and Rain Li.
After spending eight years of his life undercover as a gangster, a cop (Nick Cheung) finally busted the boss (Francis Ng) and gets his life back. However, his fellow officers no longer trust him and a mysterious guy keeps following him in the street is actually from the police internal affairs. His girlfriend (Rain Li), who works at a bar, also dumps him. She is treated badly by other girls from the same bar, whose boyfriends are all from the other side of the law.trailer (alt); making of video; official site
I don't know if I can believe Nick Cheung as a tough undercover cop, he seems too much like a pipsqueak to me (Leonardo Di Caprio has the same problem in The Departed); then again there are a lot of skinny Hong Kong people, and a lot of skinny Hong Kong gangsters, so...
I just hope this isn't borrowing too much from Infernal Affairs. (Tony Leung and Takeshi Kaneshiro are currently shooting Confession of Pain, another crime drama, and Andy Lau is in Derek Yee's drug thriller Protege.)
Go to KFC Cinema for a glimpse of the poster. The official site seems dead right now, but if I can find a copy of the poster there, I'll upload it.
Finally, from Monkey Peaches, the two final poasters for The Banquet.
No comments:
Post a Comment