Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Wisdom of Ancient Cosmology

by Wolfgang Smith

He also wrote The Quantum Enigma, Cosmos and Transcendence, Teilhardism and the New Religion

Apparently The Quantum Enigma is in its 3rd edition, which was released a year ago.

An interview with Wolfgang Smith on science and philosophy
"The Plague of Scientistic Belief"

Dr. Smith is in retirement according to the information at Sacred Web. He has contributed articles to The Thomist, and to Sacred Web and Sophia: The Journal for Traditional Studies.

The Foundation for Traditional Studies
Sophia
Sacred Web
The Radius Foundation

I don't think either are in the BC libraries; I wonder if there is any library in the Boston area that carries them. While there is much within traditions that are true, I don't believe in the tradition (or traditional wisdom)/science (or some sort of "rational system") divide, since Aristotle could reconcile both and show how by his teachings on logic.

Are there any local experts on Indian or Chinese logic? I don't think so... it would certainly be convenient for me as a learner if there were...

I wonder what Dr. Smith would make of Robert Sungenis' upcoming Galileo Was Wrong.

No comments: