A photo from one of their performances for Music before 1800.
official site
Found out about their existence through the New Liturgical Movement. It appears that they are a local group in New York City; I lookd at their concert calendar for 2006-7, and their first performance for the season is for Music before 1800 on October 15, at Corpus Christi Church. (At 4:oo P.M.) I'll consider attending the first concert... Then the next performance is in Kansas City, and the last two over at the Cloisters. I wonder if they will ever be invited to the BEMF.
Music before 1800
student tickets are $20
Also of particular interest--
December 17 The Baltimore Consort
January 21 The Hilliard Ensemble
4 comments:
The director of Pomerium, Alex Blachly, is my Chorale director, teaches at ND in the music dept and also teaches a chant class for the Medieval Institute. Great guy. Thinks Wayne's World is a "fine film". =)
Oooh... is he Catholic? Does he have any opinion about the liturgy or the use of chant? haha
No, he's not Catholic. Maybe Anglican though? I don't remember. But whenever he organizes the music for the liturgy at opening year Mass or at the commencement Mass, other choir directors choose hokey 70's liturgical or gospel (yes, sung by a bunch of white people) music, but Alex always tends toward polyphony or pre 19th C usic.
hahaha
Hrm, Anglican? That would be like Hannah. Celtic women!
At least he's not responsible for the "Lion King" Mass.
Post a Comment