Friday, July 13, 2007

ABC and Disney must go down.

Sorry for the title (if you happened to catch it before the edit). I don't think there are any children reading this blog. (If you don't know to what I am reffering , you can probably guess what the original title was from the url attached to this post, although I didn't spell the f-bomb out. I don't think following the lead of Battlestar Galactica and making up a similar-sounding word would have been much better.) Why was I so infuriated?

Tonight the TV was set to ABC, and I was able to sample part of Greek, which is being shown on ABC Family. Who is in charge of ABC/Disney? While the show does not focus exclusively on casual sex and hook-up culture, it is depicted as being part of the normal college/fraternity life. Realistic, you say? But for garbage like this to be shown on ABC Family? I thought that cable channel was supposed to be kid and pre-teen safe, something wholesome for the whole family to enjoy? Apparently not. Remember the days when shows like Saved by the Bell were what pre-teens watched? Even if that show was unrealistic and stupid, at least its poison (with respect its views on dating, the goal of life, and so on) was not that bad.

Surely there are a couple of psalms that are pertinent to this sort of situation. Once again, ABC and Disney have let America down. As if I weren't already boycotting Disney before... too bad Lost is shown on ABC.

It's times like this that I wish TV and the media companies were taken down.

No comments: